| Morgan Dollars|
- Designer: George T. Morgan
- Composition: 90% silver, 10% copper
- Diameter: 1.5 inches (38.1 mm) with reeded edge
- Weight: 27.22 grams
- Mints: Philadelphia, Carson City, Denver, New Orleans, San Francisco
- Mint marks: CC, D, O, or S on reverse centered below the wreath
There is a great deal of history and numismatic information about this coin series, and -literally- dozens of books have been written about it, so I will not attempt it here. I want this resource to briefly cover each coin, and there is no way to be brief with the Morgan silver dollar series, except to present the data points above. If you want to know more, I suggest starting with the Wikipedia article, then follow the links from that article to learn more... and more... and more...